My impression of of culture and ethnicity when growing up was most likely more than everyone elses. I was never told how to act around a certain race or people who culture differed from mine or my family's. I learned to except everyone on my own. I never was able to discriminate against one crowd. i have atleast one from from every class, every race, no matter how different i dont really care about things like what race you are or different way a life. My family always had a diverse group of people around. So i never was expose to just one group of people. I believe that no one should be exposed to just one gorup of people when growing up or at an impressionable age. That could ruin a kid's social abilities and my even cause worse damage such as the child become a racist thinking that his race is inferior which can cause a whole bunch of problems when getting older. Unlike the parent in " They've got to be taugh carefully" my parents just unleashed me to the world and had me make of it what i wanted to make of it. With no type of preconceived ideas or thoughts. I made friends with everyone i needed to and wanted to do. As far as impressions go i was just a clean slate. I believe that is better than being told what friends i can and can not have. I dont know what i would do if i had to only have friends that were just like me. I would most likely go crazy. Most of my friends are nothing like me. My bestfriend is white. couple girls i like are white. i know a few cute indian girls. Im just mr.international. No matter what i never see any race when interacting with anyone.
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment